Alice Benton's Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

'Tis His Season

As I was cleaning out my never-ending closet, I placed some items into a box that I was considering selling. Every now and then, I attempt to come up with ways to get better at spending, saving, etc.. And, while there is nothing wrong with doing that, I thought it's the season of Christ. I should be thinking of ways to help His children, after all, that's the type of gift Jesus would want.

I decided to examine the contents of my ever-growing box and realized that I could bless someone quite easily with it. There were clothes that I hadn't worn even once with the tags on them. There were also shoes that had never touched the ground, among other things. Yes, for now, we'll avoid talking about my obvious wastefulness and get to the point. My things were in perfect shape to donate. And why shouldn't I? 'Tis His season, right? Part of how I will honor God this season is by giving my flawlessly fit fashions to a church or another appropriate organization.

Remember to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. Think of ways that work for you to bless God's children because 'tis His Season!


*Posts you may enjoy:

A Month Before Christmas
A Positive Way Of Life
Shoes And Bags In Your Closet

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home