Alice Benton's Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Positive Way of Life

Recently, I was reminded of what the title to my novel, Beauty in Pain, really means. Thankfully, I can say it wasn't the kind of heart wrenching, self-annihilating situation I have previously known, but any kind of hurt is still painful.

I was faced with a situation that caused me a great deal of heartache. As I experienced this unexpected circumstance I realized things weren't as bad as they felt momentarily. When I took a moment to step away from the problem I noticed things were not that bad. Truthfully, I have to acknowledge I received information I had been wanting, although it arrived in an undesirable package.

As negative things rear their ugly heads in your life, look for the beauty that can be found in or around the situation. Focus on being well and attempt to step back from what's happening. Really examine what is taking place, regardless of how it might look at first glance. Choosing to actively seek the beauty in your pain is a positive way of life.


*Posts you may enjoy:

Books & Breakfast in NYC
Choices
God Is Love
Positivity
Reasons To Love Beauty in Pain

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home