Alice Benton's Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mind Games

The brain is astounding! I have always been perplexed about the many wonders it possesses. Did you know that your mind can have knowledge or memory  of things that your conscious does not? Well, I did. This is a lesson I learned the hard way.

Previously, at a particular time every year, some of my actions would begin to mirror a depressive state I once knew. Year after year, I didn't know what was wrong, but my physical and mental self was identifying with past events.

Once I realized what was going on, I also was finally able to put things into perspective. I thought, I have dealt with this issue! Or so I thought. This reoccurring feeling forced me to slow down. I looked at what was really going on and remembered the fullness of my past. Acknowledging the entire event gave me the ability to own the truth, pray on it and be happy with the space I'm in today.


*Posts you may enjoy:

Distractions
God Is In Control
Loved One Gone

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home