Alice Benton's Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Loved One Gone

The memory of a loved one gone stays in our mind.  Especially as birthdays or their death date passes.  Having lost my precious sister so many years ago, I am tempted, at times, to hate a world that she no longer shares with me, but I refuse.  I will not associate ill thoughts with sweet Jennifer because it disrespects her memory.

Instead, I choose to focus on her life.  I was blessed enough to share 33 years with Jennifer.  Sure, I would have liked much more, but the time we had was absolutely beautiful.  She was a wonderful sister and my life was...is better having known her.  One of the ways I honor our relationship is by remembering all the good she added to my being, as well as others.

Jennifer will never be forgotten.  I have learned, as many have, that love doesn't end with death.  I don't say I loved her...I love her still and I'm certain she loves me too.  With that being said, Happy heavenly birthday, sister...God bless.


*Posts you may enjoy:

Evening Thoughts
God is in Control
Honoring Your Children
Reach For Him

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2011 at 3:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cried when I read this. Signed ur #1 fan..

 
At June 22, 2011 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Alice Benton said...

Thank you for sharing with me and I appreciate that you're my #1 fan.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home