Alice Benton's Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Reach for Him

Last year sometime, I set of on a journey. I realized in the cab to the airport that I left my Bible home. That made me unhappy. I always travel with my Bible. In fact, that particular Bible had not left my side since my sister passed away.

At the time, it felt like too much, so I gave my burden to the Lord. I immediately asked God in a silent prayer to assist me with my prayers, as my bible would. Instantly, the cab driver began to sing a song in praise of God. Afterwards, he apologized for the outburst saying, God's love overwhelmed him. It was one of the most pleasant taxi rides I had ever had. At the airport, I exited the taxicab thinking, I wish the driver was going to be on this plane.


As the aircraft took off into the air, the passenger next to me asked if we could talk because planes made him nervous. He spoke of things he learned in bible study recently. This man covered lessons in the Bible with such eloquence and grace. It was like a wonderful, personalized amplified version made for me.

I could go on-and-on about that glorious day, but the point I'm trying to make is simple. God will meet you wherever you are. Reach for Him. If you have issues, big or small, give them to the Father and remember all is already well.


*Posts you may enjoy:

A Prayer for my Readers
God is in Control
Regrets
Revelations

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 4, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger G.E. Johnson said...

Hi Alice! This is beautiful. :-) I call moments like the ones that you mentioned "love notes" from God. Those are the times when He takes time to cater to your specific and individual needs in such a way that you know for a fact that He is truly always with you and aware of your every need. Thanks for sharing and God bless!

 
At September 4, 2011 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Alice Benton said...

Thank you for sharing. Love notes from God...love that! God bless you too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home