Alice Benton's Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

DJ Jimmy Love & The News Room

Throughout the years, I have mellowed to say the least. While one or two spots exist that I consider pretty good, that's all. Recently, I went to The News Room, which is located at 141 East 149th in the Bronx, NY and it was great. It's what I would call a neighborhood bar. Generally, I don't frequent them, but this night out was special.

I went on a Thursday night and the place was jumpin! DJ Jimmy Love, who is featured on both Wednesday and Thursday nights weekly from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m., kept the News Room packed. Their dance floor was filled from the time I arrived until closing. DJ Jimmy Love played it all, there was a little of everything, both new and old, but in my opinion, he was a master of the old jams; not to be mistaken for the oldies. That along with an 'about the dance' crowd and some drinks was fantastic.

I had a blast!


*Posts you may enjoy:

B-Hive Lounge
Cafe Lou's
Who Is Gwyneth Paltrow?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home