Alice Benton's Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Extra

I've always been a holiday girl, but this year seems more special. As the holidays approach, I'm feeling their much anticipated arrival in an extra personal way. Their year long debut has greeted me in a fantastic manner and I'm loving it.

I'm long pass making a Christmas list and I've never really been picky about what I get. There are two things that I love about receiving gifts. The first is simply being thought of...yes, I am corny enough to cherish the sentiment and you probably should be too. I don't always get the second treasure, but it's recognizing the mental process found in the present. If you make the connection appreciate that special moment!

This year, I will of course be happy for any pleasant surprises that come my way, but I know what I want. Ironically, these precious gems cannot be purchased. I want to strengthen family bonds and move closer to God. Everything else is extra!


*Posts you may enjoy:

Buying The Perfect Gift
Christmas' Reason
Surprise!
Where Can I Get Beauty in Pain?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home