Alice Benton's Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Determination

You probably know by now that I have been focused on starting the new year right. Well, in order to do that I decided to use the time left in this year as best I could. I wanted to clarify things I want completed before 2012 began, so I sat down and wrote a list. List aren't necessary, but I have always been the pen and paper or fingers to the keyboard/screen type of girl. I use them as a focal optimization point (FOP). It works for me because I have many things on my plate and do not wish to leave certain things undone.

My FOP consists of twenty-five things. Many of which have further detailed specifications to be completed. Most will not be an easy check off, nevertheless, it's what needs to be done from my point of view. As I reviewed my FOP and realized that there was little more than a month left in this year, I quietly panicked.

My youngest walked in the room and looked at my list. Her eyes immediately bulged and she said, "Whoa."

I asked, "Is it too much?"

 She looked at it again and replied, "Not if you're determined."

I picked my FOP back up and reviewed it again with my daughter's statement in mind. I am determined, after all, I created this list for a very good reason--positive forward advancement. It will be a little challenging, but I'm going to do what needs to be done. I'm not only finishing 2011 the right way, I'm taking to next year knowing I can do all things with Christ.

I invite you to make your own FOP for positive movement. It may be longer or shorter, but that doesn't matter because it simply has to be right for your life. Once you create it, be determined to see it to the end!


*Posts you may enjoy:

Distractions
I AM
Progress

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home