Alice Benton's Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

What If...

What if you woke up tomorrow and there were no presents? You didn't receive any gifts and couldn't afford to buy anyone anything? What if that Christmas tree you treasure was destroyed? And, your favorite holiday music that put you in a jolly mood was unavailable?


I asked my niece these questions and she said, "That would upsetting, but we should still have a celebration."

I asked, "Why?"

My niece answered, "Christmas is about Jesus' birth. The other stuff is extra."


The point is simple. If you were blessed enough to wake up and have "extra" thank God. And, praise His holy name. Regardless of your particular situation show thanks for the birth of Christ. Remember He is the reason for this season.

Happy holidays and have a merry Christmas!


*Posts you may enjoy:

God Is In Control
My Lord
'Tis His Season

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home