Alice Benton's Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

Intentions

Today, when I completed a telephone conversation I was left thinking that was not my intention. I intended to be gracious and loving. I intended to bless and strengthen another that had blessed and strengthened me. While I wasn't made to feel negative, I did leave the discussion questioning myself. "What have I done?" I asked. I walked away from this talk wanting to reevaluate my approach.

My joy and excitement in the situation had overshadowed what I wanted to convey. The message was getting lost in translation because I assumed my position was clear. I inadvertently began to push away the one person that continuously tried to help me.

"Why did I bring this up?" You asked. Well, I mentioned this scenario because it's important. Often when we are close to someone we feel they know our heart. Sometimes that's true, but it may not be  as well. Be clear about your intentions because you know what they say about assumptions. Do your best and remain mindful!


*Posts you may enjoy:

A Prayer For My Readers
Communication
Distractions

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home