Alice Benton's Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Raise Up

I had been sitting up late, as I often do, with the television watching me as I wrote. An inspiration commercial came on that was playing You Raise Me Up. As Josh Groban's voice filled the air I began to feel up lifted. I've always loved that song. It has a heavenly sound. The commercial was a success because I was inspired.

Usually, when I'm up late at night the television isn't on, but tonight I'm thankful it was. Believe me when I say, I needed to hear that song. I was having one of those moments we all have. I was experiencing a "low." And, yes that was an understatement and in the next second I was being raised up. God is good that way.

We miss the mark sometime. Other times we are simply too hard on ourselves. Whatever your story know that it's okay. We're alright! Continue to find ways to pick yourself up! While God's light is too bright to stand in, always trying to move closer to it. There will be times when we stand still or fall backwards, but we cannot let that stop us...Let Him Raise us up.


*Posts you may enjoy:

Believe
Reach For Him
Roads Travelled
Why I Failed

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home