Alice Benton's Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

An Introduction To Upcoming Novel - Autumn's Five Seasons

I would like to introduce my second novel, Autumn's Five Seasons, to you. It is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2011. This book is an exciting read for both men and women! You won't believe some of the many twist and turns it takes. You'll be shocked! I suggest you read both my previous books before this one because you'll have an extra appreciation for this novel, but it's not necessary. My intro is a letter to you. Happy reading and blessings always!


Readers,

I started writing this particular story in 2007. I think two pages were completed…maybe, disappointed to say the least. This story kept getting interrupted because I was trying to make sense of a personal tragedy.
I quickly came to realize that it isn’t that easy to write a novel. I asked myself, what am I doing? Could I come up with that type of story? I also worried that I didn’t have that kind of imagination. And last, I questioned, would I be able to create not one, but five interesting men that correlate to perfection with Guys 1 through 5, in Black Love: A Book of Poetry & Love; my first book which inspired this novel. As I worked on the character, Lem, from my first novel, Beauty in Pain, I realized the answer was certain; it was an unequivocal yes! 
Without my book of poems there would not have been a follow-up idea. Without Beauty in Pain, specifically, chapter 13, this book truly would not exist. I have noticed that my entire life keeps coming together in support of itself.  God has been so good to me and always has been, even when I was too naive to know it.
I can’t wait for you to read Autumn’s Five Seasons! You can enjoy it, knowing two things about this particular novel. First, I was raised to this occasion and second, the men have come to life for you.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home