Alice Benton's Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day Three

Day One: It was Christmas Eve and I woke up out of my sleep in a cold sweat. I was startled awake because of a nightmare. I won't bore you with the details, but it was the worst kind. You know, the realistic kind that you could actually picture happening and thanks to my personal inner night theater, I saw it too. My youngest heard me scream as I awakened.

She yelled, "Are you alright?"

I responded, "Fine! Yes, nothing!" I was coming back into reality as I yelled, "Nothing's wrong! I just had a nightmare!"

"On Christmas Eve? Who does that?" She questioned.

I have to admit I found it strange too. I had been feeling nothing, but overjoyed and simply wonderful.

Day Two: It was Christmas day. I shuttered and yelled as I left this nightmare. This time my youngest didn't check on me. I guess she was over it, but I was still terrified. It was virtually the same dream, except the people were different. And yes, it was the worst kind again. This time it also left me with a sinking feeling in my stomach. It seemed so real. I thought what's going on? Where's my Bible?


Night Two: It was Christmas Night. I was preparing for bed and I placed my Bible under my pillow. I wanted it as close as possible.

Day Three: It was the day after Christmas. I woke up feeling light and peaceful. There was a lovely song playing in my head and I sprung out bed. I felt rejuvenated and ready for the world.

All I'm saying is this, the word of God even unspoken worked a miracle for me. It can for you too, although I suggest finding a verse that speaks to you and speaking it. So goodnight and sweet dreams from me...and my Bible.


*Posts you may enjoy:

Evening Thoughts
Pillow Talk
Prayer

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home