Alice Benton's Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Southern Hospitality in NYC


I have wanted to go to the restaurant Southern Hospitality for a little while now.  I read the menu online and it looked good. I was anxious to taste the food.

This week my niece and I finally went to the Hell’s Kitchen location. We were happy walking through the doors. Unfortunately, we weren’t very hungry having just left an event. So we decided to start small and come back another time for more. We both had simple orders. 

It took our waiter approximately ten minutes to approach our table. I ordered a Cabernet. I received my wine over fifteen minutes later. Then we ordered the Banana Pudding with Nilla Wafers. My niece ordered a milk shake and a Stuffed Cupcake, which arrived about thirty minutes later, once we asked the host for a receipt for the wine. We felt that was entirely too long to wait for those particular items. How long would real food have taken?

We ate our desserts because at this point we were pretty sure that we would not return. I will say this, my pudding was absolutely fantastic. The portion was small, but perfect. The caramelized bananas came together in scrumptious harmony with the Nilla Wafers and whipped cream. While eating, mouth was in a sweetened place in heaven. Had our service been better, we might not have been so disappointed.

What’s your opinion about our visit? Do you think we should try it again?


*Posts you may enjoy:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home