Alice Benton's Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Big Dreamer

1.    
If you’ve been around for a while, you can probably tell I’m big a dreamer. It really doesn’t matter if we’re talking about a fantasized ambition or a dream state. That’s even more obvious if you have read my novel, Beauty in Pain. While I don’t dream every day, I am fairly consistent with it. The one type of dreaming, I never do is daydream, at least until today.

After tending to many things I had to do, I was left feeling exhausted and like I needed to lean on someone. I decided to take a mid-day nap, something I rarely do and that’s when it happened. I experienced my first daydream! It was simple and beautiful. In it, Jesus allowed me to lie my head down on His lap as I rested while He rubbed my head.

It was the best nap I ever had. I relaxed in a way that left me feeling whole and later remarkably resilient. I knew that I was alright. I also knew that the only one I ever needed to lean on was already there.


*Posts you may enjoy:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home