Alice Benton's Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Later


From the moment I woke up today, I was overly aware that my feeling was sort of somber. I wanted to log on and ‘say’ something, but repeatedly thought, what can I say? I was experiencing a loss for words and believe me that isn’t an easy task to accomplish. Usually, when I’m not speaking there is a reason that I have chosen not to, but this was different.

I woke up, followed my prayerful, as well as thankful routine, but was automatically reflective. I recalled September 11, 2001, so vividly. I thought heavily of the people I was with and our long journey home. I wanted to reach out to a particular friend, but didn’t know if she would want to talk about it…even after all of this time.

So much has happened in this last decade. Time has flown by for some, while it has moved much slower for others. We are progressing wonderfully, yet still trying to move past all that was lost. There are those of us that continue to deal with mental and physical illness from all that happened. 

We've come a long way. I salute every person that has done their part fighting towards a new and brighter future one day at a time. I know it isn’t easy. You help to inspire others to be and do well. May God continue to bless and keep you.

Honestly, if I told you all of the mental trips I went on today this post would be way too long. So I’ll end on my most important sentiments. May God bless all those lost who were lost, as well as all those who loved them and loves them still. May He continue to bless those who were wounded both physically and mentally. Also, thank you to all of the first responders and our troops…God bless you too.

God bless America & our world in Jesus' name, amen!

Links:


*Posts you may enjoy:


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home