Alice Benton's Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

Home Improvement


Throughout my years, I have always been creative.  I would draw, sing, make clothes, etc... Honestly, it was just the way I was raised.  Creativity was never lacking, even as an adult, except when it came to spontaneous home improvement type projects. 

There were only two reasons that I would attempt those projects, at first.  It would either be out of financial need or as a direct response to some show on TLC.  I remember watching Ty Pennington create an independent stationary bed headboard or breathing new life into a sofa.  I would think that looks great, I can do that.  

After completely revamping a love seat of mine, from really nice to an aesthetic work of art, with only some material and a staple gun, I started to think outside the box.  I would walk around my then six bedroom apartment thinking of ways to improve it. 

One of my favorite small projects was in my youngest daughter’s room.  I altered an armoire.  It was beautiful, but I was never too thrilled that the doors located in the top section were glass.  We know how children can be sometime.  I decided to unscrew the glass doors and replaced them with small playful curtains.  She loved the change and so did I.  Not only did it supply easier access to her clothes, it also added to the decor in the room. 

Previously, the room was good, but the many unique improvements made it wonderful.  Positive adjustments affect the psyche for the better.  When your space flourishes so do you.  Consider a change today. 


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home