Alice Benton's Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Slow Down

Today I set out to do many things and one-by-one my attempts fell apart.  I was unable to complete much of what I wanted to accomplish.  Time appeared to be moving faster than I could.  I had several personal deadlines to meet, but could not.  I found it impossible to will myself into action.  Typically, that isn't me.

Every time I couldn't make things happen I would pause.  I thought, what's going on?  I have always been a believer in signs.  I thought, what is the God trying to tell me?  The answer was obvious.  I needed to slow down.  Today, in particular, I had taken on too much. So, I sat with God in mind.  I was still and breathed for several minutes. Afterwards, I was able to focus better on what should be done.  I also realized that I could delegate if necessary.  I had plenty of help available.  Why not use it?

We as people often do not access our resources.  We were not meant to do it all or live this life alone.  It's vital to examine the multitude of opportunities that exists.  It is important to be a blessing, but it's also alright to receive them.


*Posts you may enjoy are I'm Blessed, Let Nothing Stand in Your Way and Listening.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home