Alice Benton's Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Breakfast in Brooklyn

This mornings Books & Breakfast Event held at The Archives Restaurant & Bar located in the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge was fascinating! Breakfast was shared with friends and family, which included author, Rose Hester-Lavenburg and aspiring writers. We had a ball. Luckily I found that a great way to bring people together is with food and books.

Everyone agreed that the buffet style breakfast was delicious. The only thing I regret is not tasting more edible delights, although the reviews around the tables were great. There was everything from muffins, danishes and fruit to bacon, waffles and a variety of sausage. There were countless other items, but my favorite was the western made for me fresh on the spot.

We talked about my novel, Beauty in Pain and it was wonderful! I loved hearing thoughts from the group. I discussed some of my favorite parts like the prison visit and chapter 13. While others talked about their own favored sections. We carefully discussed some of Beauty in Pain because there were some guest who had just received their copy...we may have to hold a discussion.


*Posts you may enjoy:

My Beauty in Pain Review Part I
My Beauty in Pain Review Part II
The Black Love Book Discussion
Rose Hester-Lavenburg & Poems for Benjamin

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home