Alice Benton's Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

The Wise One


I was talking to my mother, also known as the wise one, as I often do. Sometime I am simply enjoying her time, while other times I’m being lectured (in love of course) or asking for advice. The best of all of our conversations seem to be when all the three types of discourse cross paths. Today, the wise one and I were just talking and she gave me counsel which led to a short, but wonderful sermon.

She encouraged me to ask God for assistance in all things. She reminded me that my Father is present for good and bad. She urged me to not only speak to Him, but to ask for His help when needed. There was also a warning about how people will often get what they think they wanted.

The wisdom I took away from this talk was that I should stay in constant communication with my Father. I should pray with the knowledge that only God knows what is truly best. Also, if I have a question or need I should ask Him, after all, that is what the wise one told me to do and I honor my mother and father. Maybe you should ask Him too!

*Posts you may enjoy:


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home