Alice Benton's Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Holding My Grandson

While holding my grandson I experienced such an endearing moment. I held him to my chest as he slept. His face was pointing outward as he rested on my right shoulder. My ear was leaning against the back of his sweet head. I had my left hand on his back while the other secured the snuggling position. And, I could hear his heart beat.

There was an instance when his heart beat was all I could hear. It was amazing. It thumped in the way that small a child's does--special. I was overcome with love.

I recalled my God is Love post, as love surged through our bodies from heart to heart. I thought, this is a great time to introduce God into his being. My grandson now knows that he is truly never alone. He now knows that God lives inside of him and he can tell Him anything. He now knows that God watches and protects him, even when grandma cannot. He also knows as the bible says...as for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord!

Speak blessings into your little one's heart today.

*Posts you may enjoy:

Evening Thoughts
God is Love
God's Gift

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 24, 2011 at 7:19 PM , Anonymous Angelika said...

Aww :*

 
At July 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Alice Benton said...

My heart is still smiling...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home