Alice Benton's Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Girls

In the spirit of today, Mother's Day, I am sharing a poem entitled My Girls by Alice Benton.  I hope you love it, after all, Mother's Day is about a mother AND her child(ren).

My Girls

You are wonderfully separate
Although an important part of me
Daily you impress me
Being wildly independent
And wise beyond your years
I have learned much
Through your love
I have nurtured you
And yet we have raised each other
I see
Intelligence, beauty & great spirit
You humble me
Thank you
For a priceless legacy
God has shown favor on me
Through you - my girls


*Posts you may enjoy are Evening Thoughts, Mother's Day Weekend, Rose Hester-Lavenburg & Poems for Benjamin and The Black Love Book Discussion.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home