Alice Benton's Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

With Age Comes Wisdom

They say, "Age is just a number." Yet, grown men and women hide it like it's a dirty little secret.  As my birthday came and went this year, friends and family would say, "don't worry I'll never tell your age" or "I won't ask how old you are because I know how it is."  Growing up in a household where the women never got older then 21 plus tax you'd think I would fall in line, but no.

I disagree with all this age hating nonsense.  I'm thirty eight years young and proud of it.  The alternative to not getting older is a little grim.  I love that God has given me another year.  I do pray that I can do it gracefully, but either way I will hold my head up high.

We don't have to announce the number, but embrace it.  With age comes wisdom, if we're and lucky.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home