Alice Benton's Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to all the citizens of the world.  This day is for all people who believe in peace and goodness towards all others.  Let us take time in our own lives to make this day better for ourselves as well as someone else.  I was going to speak about all that Martin Luther King, Jr. was, but decided not to go that route.  I think that it’s just as important to mention what he is still doing today.  He is still helping to move humanity in the right direction.  He is furthering the peace movement through people his heart has touched.  He brings all of us a little closer together every day. 
His, I Have a Dream Speech, hangs in my room and personally inspires me daily.  I look at it and internalize the importance of dreaming positively while pressing forward.  I have visited the amazing King Center in Atlanta, GA and walked the Freedom Walkway with three generations of my family.  It left a remarkable impression.  Remember, Dr. King was about service!  If you are looking for a way to honor this day, commit to service today.  Spread love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home