Alice Benton's Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Old Fashion Social Networking

Social networking is a must these days.  It's the perfect place to promote yourself or business.  I love how easy it has become to speak to another person on the other side of the country or the world.  Sites like Facebook and Twitter or even this blog have allowed its participants to forge a bond of connectivity.  Personally, I like the idea of being a friend to the world.  I think that sounds beautiful.

I'm also a huge fan of old style networking.  Unfortunately, it's fast becoming a lost trait.  Many are way too connected to their computers and don't know how to approach someone.  There is absolutely nothing better than walking into a room and making your presence known.  Striking up a conversation can be refreshing.

I'm all for technology.  Its obvious advancements are wonderful, but every now and then a step away from it can good too.  I suggest using both types of networking to sharpen a variety of skills, including being personable.


*Posts you may enjoy are Facebook Pet Peeves and Twitter.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home