Alice Benton's Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Black Love Poem Sample 3 - Pain

Pain
I thought I knew pain
On many levels
I’ve felt, seen and distributed my share
I have experienced extreme highs
Devastatingly extreme lows
But this…
This is some out of this world type hurt
I mean…
I truly never knew I could be so hurt…this hurt
I am completely and utterly devastated
I’m so bad that every inch of my body feels it
It’s weighing me down
So I struggle
This pain is so deep
I don’t even have to acknowledge it
Only to wake and be forced to recognize the pain
It lives behind the extra puffy eyes due to a tearful sleep

I struggle
I have felt lost and alone
Simply watching my life
No longer living it
How disrespectful
I struggle
I’m struggling with an unreal weight
This weight is so intense and intimately internal
It’s potentially destructive
Surely this is no natural heaviness
It’s misguided wicked influence
The prince of darkness knows I am divine
That’s why he lurks in my madness
The devil likes when I’m weak
But I know he’s a liar
Daily I must convince myself of what feels inconceivable
Part of me is dead and worst

Evil is trying to use that lifeless part to kill the rest of me
I struggle
God just wants me to lean on Him
I have to rely on what I have always known
God gives you what you need to survive
Even if I don’t know what IT is
It’s here, in me
It’s my job to struggle through
And so I struggle
Eventually I’ll win because God is good
I’m going to use this unique pain
Its distinct signature will elevate me toward an unforeseen destiny

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home