Alice Benton's Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

How Publishing Began

                                          Black Love: A Book of Poetry & Love

As a teenager, whenever I wrote a new poem, I’d announce, “I’m going to publish a poetry book one day.” I never really believed I would. It seemed like an impossible feat. My sister, Jennifer would ask, “What’s the name of this book?” Not really knowing, I declared, “Black Love.” It had a nice sound.  

Many years later, Jennifer and I would talk about writing because my love for it grew and she began writing a book of her own. Several years ago, Jennifer passed on and I decided that I would publish her story, for my sister. When I was unable to locate it, I decided that I would publish my book of poems – Black Love: A Book of Poetry & Love. Approximately a year after Jennifer moved into eternal bliss, a little girl's dream was fulfilled because she thought it would make her and her sister happy.  

Black Love opened a creative gate that continues to flow and pushes me towards new things.       

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home